Click Below To Play More
Neuroscience & risk-taking: Four ways we're wired to play it safe
Live And Lead With Courage (You Have More Than You Think!)
Leading Women: Why women must engage in 'Courageous Conversations'
Embrace the discomfort of change. It always holds opportunity.
#TrainTheBrave: Growth & comfort don't ride the same horse
Power: How to own your innate power to affect change
Lead with a Vision: Great leaders expand what others see as possible.
Never surrender power to your circumstances. Choose powerfully.
Are you discounting the cost of inaction? Playing safe can be highly risky
Margie’s Popular Speaking Topics
Great Leaders are Great Decision Makers
Great leaders embrace uncertainty and lean toward risk to win competitive edge. Learn strategies to make better decisions faster, create bolder employees and create the culture of courage needed for innovation to thrive and human potential to flourish.
Drawing on her experience working with organisations like NASA to entrepreneurs such as Sir Richard Branson, Margie will get to the heart of what it takes to be an exception and brave leader in an increasingly competitive and risk-averse world.
- Lead from purpose and communicate a compelling “Why”
- Engage, embolden and inspire: three pillars to building the safety needed to fuel innovation, foster intrapreneurship and harness diversity
- Embracing a ‘risk ready mindset’ that enables people to ‘fail forward’
- The five crucial conversations needed to build the currency of trust, align people around a common vision and pivot when needed
Margie can speak at your next event on any one
of these topics and much more…
Thrive Through Change
Build Resilience To Succeed Under Pressure
Organisations who can adapt fastest to change are those who will win where others fail. Develop the resilient mindset needed to thrive under pressure, innovate amid ambiguity and be decisive amid uncertainty in an increasingly competitive and accelerated world.
Margie draws on research in positive psychology, neuroscience and peak performance to explore:
- Harnessing our brain’s neural plasticity to build resilience over time
- Strategies to build EQ and ensure emotions don’t high-jack logic
- The SOAR Approach to rise above adversity keep cool in crisis
- How to change your ‘explanatory style’ to reframe failure and fall forward
- Use ‘positive stress’ to heighten focus and raise performance
- Five everyday rituals proven to renew energy, reframe challenges and bounce back faster
Speak With Power
Master Tough Conversations to Get Things Done
Conversations are the currency of influence. Learn the skills to master courageous conversations in ways that build trust, move situations from conflict to collaboration and produce stronger outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Bringing Emotional Intelligence to your toughest conversations
- How to listen will full presence to address the ‘unspoken concerns’
- Dealing with difficult and defensive people
- The four steps to giving critical feedback to optimise positive outcomes
- How to express anger without insult; disagree without being disagreeable
- Applying the Promise Cycle to build accountability and manage conflicting commitments
Make Your Mark
Tap The Power of Purpose To Unlock The Potential & Inspire ‘Intreprenuers’
Who are your organisation’s secret weapons? Who are the people inside your organisation with the ideas and passion to take your business to the next level?
An engaged workforce is the most crucial competitive advantage in any organisation. Tap the power of purpose to unlock individual and collective potential and harness the full quota of ingenuity, creativity and passion within your organisation.
Drawing on hard-won wisdom and experience across the globe Margie will share:
- Three questions that lead to your life purpose
- Exit the safe lane: psychology of risk taking and why our happiness requires us to embrace discomfort
- Upgrade your mental maps: Your best thinking got you here and how to let go the “shoulds” and rewrite old stories
- Learn how to hug the curves and refocus on what’s within your control
- Run your own best race so you can bring your best self to your boldest challenges
- Aligning your language, focus and physiology so you can bring your best self to your biggest challenges
Develop a leak-proof pipeline of future female leaders
Unlock the full force of feminine leadership to develop higher performing teams that make smarter decisions and produce stronger outcomes that harness the true power of diversity.
- Why closing the ‘gender confidence gap’ is crucial for women globally
- How to speak more powerfully; fewer apologies, more asking
- Countering unconscious bias and shift the negative correlation between likeability and competence
- Beat ‘imposter syndrome’ and manage ‘mothers-guilt’
- Why we must ‘lift as we climb’
Next Gen Leaders
Giving Our Kids The Courage To Thrive In The Big Game of Life
We’re hardwired to protect our kids yet in our over-cautious world we do our kids a disservice when we deprive them of opportunities to learn how to navigate risk, handle failure and adapt to change.
Equip the next generation of leaders with the mindset needed to adapt to the world we cannot yet see and become purpose-driven global citizens who can find opportunity amid uncertainty and adversity.
Drawing on her professional experience and personal journey as a mother of four teenagers, Margie will discuss:
- Why we lead the way in resisting peer pressure from family, friends and educators to over-protect, over-parent and over-preen our kids
- How to identify when we are burdening kids with our own fears, insecurities and unmet ambitions
- Why a little ‘conscientious neglect’ generally does far more good than harm
- Helping our kids discern smart risks from stupid ones
Why Book Margie For Your Next Event?
As an internationally recognized expert in human behavior with a background in Fortune 500 business, psychology, and coaching, Margie draws on the latest findings in neuroscience, positive psychology and performance science blended with her own hard-won wisdom to provide practical advice and proven strategies that create stronger results and braver people.
Margie’s ability to get to the heart of what holds people back combined with her engaging style has made her an in demand speaker around the world. Organizations that have benefited from her customized courage-building programs include NASA, Oracle, British Telecom, The Body Shop, Accenture, Wells Fargo, Mars, American Airlines to name a few.
At the heart of Margie’s work is helping people and organizations overcome the number one barrier to growth – the fear that hinders crucial conversations, stifles innovation, undermines collaboration and breeds a deficit of trust. Her extensive experience as a keynote speaker and facilitating group workshop programs enables her to craft highly engaging programs that equip people with the hard skills and confidence…
What Margie’s Speaking Clients Are Saying
“I first engaged Margie as a keynote speaker for an Asia Pacific women's leadership event in China. From the moment we met, I was a huge fan - her ideas, perspective and ability to deliver thought-provoking and empowering sessions for leaders of all levels from diverse backgrounds is impressive. I've since engaged Margie for many leadership events, always with incredible feedback.”
VP Employee Success, Salesforce.com
“Margie’s keynote on creating a culture of courage was dynamic, passionate and thought provoking. The feedback from our top 100 leaders was overwhelmingly positive. We will all go forward a little bolder and braver than before!”
Chief People Officer, XERO
“Margie is a true expert in her field who immediately captivates an audience. I have engaged her several times for large keynotes, workshops and, most recently, to interview our Chairman Mr Bill Marriott. On every occasion she has been wonderfully well received.”
Chief Audit Officer, Marriott International
“Margie is a truly sensational speaker. She had our audience hanging off her every word - her thought provoking, engaging and professional presentation style along with her unique ability to be down to earth was truely refreshing and motivating. I would recommend Margie as a keynote speaker anytime.”
National Learning Support Manager, Optus
“Margie was a huge hit! She kept everyone engaged - not easy with a room of tired and distracted physicians - receiving the highest possible rating from 94% of participants. From a meeting planners perspective, she is a joy to work with. Her input made our conference even better from the outset.”
Medical Society of Virginia
“Margie sets herself apart with a powerful and inspiring message. She helped me craft my own vision for leading a more forward leading workplace. We welcome her back anytime.”
President & CEO, United Nations Foundation
“Margie led us through an absolutely beyond any expectations two-day workshop. My team members (from 8 countries!) were all thrilled by what we achieved. I have no words to thank her enough. Just amazing!”
Vice President, Oracle Financing
“Engaging, inspiring, and a delight to work with, Margie’s call to courageous action was a perfect fit for our employees. A true gem!”
“Margie’s interactive style and sharp humour paired with her powerful insights helped our national conference attendees see the world through a whole new lens. We received nothing but outstanding feedback. I cannot recommend her highly enough.”
Leslie G. Sarasin
CEO, Food Marketing Institute
“Our best speaker ever!”
“Margie left the leaders are our national conference re-energized, refocused and emboldened to build a bigger and better business.”
“Margie’s content was great and her delivery was absolutely awesome. I’ve never had so much positive feedback from an audience - not one negative comment, not one. Everyone just raved about it and believe me, this was a tough crowd.”
Managing Director, Oracle New Zealand
“Margie’s ability to engage, educate and embolden people is inspirational. Her nuggets of wisdom are both profound and practical for anyone wanting to be a more confident communicator and enjoy greater success in their workplace and b”
Professor Rebecca Heino
“Margie is a dynamic keynote speaker! Her message really hit home, and set an excellent foundation for the rest of our leadership campaign. We were engaged by her dynamic delivery, entertained by her personal stories, and inspired by her ability to tie it all back to our core personal and organizational values.”
“Dear Margie, Thank you for your recent Courageous Conversations program here at NASA headquarters. You brought both an impressive depth of knowledge and genuine passion to support our staff. Once again, the feedback we received from those who participated in your program was outstanding.”
NASA, Director, Career Management
“It was a pleasure meeting Margie. She was extremely entertaining, inspirational and right in point for our company event. The feedback was universally positive. We appreciated her time talking to us and for engaging with our team. I hope we can do it again in the not too distant future.”
illumina, Vice President, Asia Pacific
“As keynote speaker at a recent Deakin University alumni event, Margie's presentation was engaging, heartfelt and thought-provoking. Having spent many years in events management I have rarely seen such an engaged and delighted audience on the night. Margie is a wonderfully inspiring and energetic presenter and I recommend her very highly. Her latest book Brave is also a great read!”
Associate Director, Alumni Relations
University of Tasmania
“Attendees at our annual conference loved Margie so much they gave her a standing ovation. She was absolutely excellent.”
American Psychiatric Nurses Association